Thursday, November 7, 2013

Which locally-owned restaurant serves the best breakfast/coffee?

Breakfast. It's the first, most important meal of the day. Some folks just skip it. But you? You settle for nothing less than the best waffle in town. And who has time for anything less than the best coffee coming from a local? Not you, that's who.

I like your style.

Sadly, I can't say that I'm the definitive voice on breakfast. I put peanut butter on my pancakes and take my coffee as black as they can make it. I don't want to push my opinions on you. So I asked about 13,000 of my friends on Facebook for their take. About 240 took the time to write me back. Here's what they had to say...

Snooze, Doug's Day Diner and Lucille's had strong showings, but while their roots are in Colorado, they aren't Fort Collins originals. For a locally-owned breakfast place, Silver Grill Cafe was the hands down favorite.

For coffee, the picture is a bit less clear. My friends swore by The Human Bean, a locally-owned drive-thru franchise. For those who prefer to sit and sip on-site, Little Bird Cafe, Bean Cycle and Harbinger Coffee all made an impression.

This question has made me both hungry and thirsty. So much so that I think it'll be one I revisit again.

Enjoy the eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment